Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cold mornings, warm afternoons

It's that time of year.  You wake up freezing in the morning, feeling like there should be snow on the ground (at least that's how I feel, although I love snow).  The only thing you can think to put on is a nice, cozy sweater and scarf for your walk to work.  By the time afternoon rolls around, you're panting and sweating under your heavy layers as the sun has evilly warmed everything up.

To face this dilemma, I decided to dress like my upper and lower bodies were in different climates.

 Sweater:  Gap, many moons ago
Skirt:  Gap
Boots:  ALDO
Scarf:  Random find
I also had to take a self-portrait, which was accomplished with my camera balanced precariously in the only place I could find that worked:  The patio table.  Thus begins a period of pictures called "Awkwardly Posing with my Tree."


But the boots!  I've been waiting to break out these babies, and this was my first chance!


My cat Olive decided that he wanted to eat in the middle of the photo shoot, and it's almost impossible to deny him when he starts his continuous meowing.  Unfortunately, Olive wasn't too keen on posing for a fashion blog--there was food to be eaten!


Stay warm in the mornings and cool in the afternoons!

--A.

No comments:

Post a Comment