Thursday, October 14, 2010

I guess that's why they call it the blues

Bleurgh, I'm sick today. Not as sick as I was yesterday, but sick nonetheless. My throat feels like I swallowed a razor blade, which is displeasingly reminiscent of the last time I caught strep (on Christmas Eve, if you can believe it! So unlucky!) so I'm hoping that's not the case this time. I made it into school for class, but then came home again immediately after. I'm busily drinking vats of green tea and orange juice and crossing my fingers that I'll be better in time for camping tomorrow. Anyway, for me, being sick means covering up, hence the scarf and long skirt. I even broke out my mittens last night at the candlelight vigil for LGBT acceptance I went to. I love my mittens! I added the cardigan today because no matter how unseasonably warm it may still be outside, it is always freezing in the classrooms in our department. I don't know how they do it!

 Today I'm wearing:
Cardigan: New Look
Shirt: Derek Heart via Goodwill
Skirt: Talbots via Goodwill
Scarf: Accesorize, a gift from my friend Suzanne
Shoes: Walmart via Goodwill
Okay, okay... I admit it, I kind of have a Goodwill obsession. What are you gonna do about it though, really?
I rarely wear this skirt as it's a little long for biking in and I tend to get oil on it, but since I drove to work today it didn't matter. It's also only the second ever outing for this cardigan, as I just don't find the longer length very flattering on me, although the pockets in it are really useful. If I button it up, I just look a bizarre shape. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can wear it and not look lumpy?
Okay, back to work. Sadly, my midterm is not going to write itself, nor are my students' labs going to grade themselves. If only! I'm excited for everybody to come back from the conference that A. is away at. It's been far too quiet at work this week!

--C.

No comments:

Post a Comment