Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Living Loud and Proud

Yesterday I had several meetings at work, and then after work I dashed off to a local Gay Pride rally. Only, unfortunately, I was the only one there. It turns out I got excited and misread the email - the rally is next week. Oh well, at least I have time to make signs before it now. Since I mistakenly thought I was going to the rally, I wanted to wear something bright, so that I would stand out (and to make it easier for my friends to find me when they got there... sorry guys!) and I don't own anything rainbow colored so I thought these shorts were the next best thing. I ended the night having dinner with a friend and then working on my midterms (yes, plural, it's so sad) in a coffee shop. Believe it or not, I added a hoodie to this ensemble for the somewhat chillier evening, in exactly the same shade as the shorts. I purchased them in two different stores, in two very different cities, and this isn't a shade you see that much of! I looked remarkably and disarmingly similar to a frozen cherry terrine I made for a jello party we had recently.

 I was wearing:
The hottest pink shorts there ever were: Rue 21
Tank: Old Navy via Goodwill
Belt: Goodwill
Shoes: Ross
Whilst this outfit may not be extremely flattering (would these shorts flatter anybody? Perhaps not.) I can't help but like it. Sometimes it's more important to make a statement and not blend in, even if it does make your hips look wider. I haven't decided yet whether I'll be recreating the cherry delight for the rally next week, but dressing like a fruit was definitely a lot of fun... it left me feeling fruity, anyway!

-- C.

No comments:

Post a Comment