Monday, November 15, 2010

'Tis the Season of Goodwill

I know you must all have been on the edge of your seats since yesterday, waiting to hear about what my new style challenge/project is. I don't think there's any way that I could do 30 for 30, I'm just much too excited about wearing all my winter clothes at the minute. The clue to the project is in the post title - I thought it was appropriate with the holidays coming up! For the next fortnight (I wanted to do a month but that seems like such a long time!) I've committed to only wearing second-hand clothing. Hooray thrifting!

The Rules, should anyone else want to join in, are as follows:
- Clothing doesn't have to be from Goodwill (I would never hate on you, Salvation Army!) but it does have to be second hand. So stuff you got at thrift stores, garage sales, ebay, clothing swaps and hand-me-downs all count.
- I'm going to try and do top to toe, so second hand shoes as well. Tights and socks won't be second hand, because I don't have any pre-owned ones.
- Coats don't necessarily have to be thrifted, although I'm going to aim for that too. I'm only making this not a rule because my one really warm coat came from TkMaxx and I'm not prepared to freeze for this project!
- Accessories, anything goes.

I'll be posting my first day's outfit later on, when it's stopped raining long enough for me to take a photo. If you want to join in, please leave me a comment with a link so I can see how you style this challenge! I'm excited... and nervous!

Happy Monday, peeps : )

--C.

No comments:

Post a Comment